SUPPORTING THEIR SUCCESS
The first step toward an excellent education is an academic environment that encourages students to thrive.
For this reason, Crossroads partners with six host high schools in the Pittsburgh area, and, through our financial aid services, we work to ensure that all potential financial limitations are overcome.
We understand that when young people are able to enroll at strong, college-preparatory high schools, they have a greater chance to succeed in post-secondary schooling and transition to a sustainable career.
Last Dollar Program
How it Works:
- The family submits a FACTS financial aid application online on a yearly basis (usually by mid-March).
- The host high school awards a financial aid package based on the expected family contribution, determined by the FACTS.
- Crossroads awards additional financial aid to enable scholars to attend their chosen host high school.
- Crossroads scholarships are “Last Dollar” awards — they are awarded as a way to make up the difference between the aid money provided by the school (and/or other sources) and the total need for support for each scholar.
- Final award letters are sent out by mid-June for the upcoming school year.
*Please note: Financial aid packages are re-evaluated annually. Because our program is based on mutual investment in each scholars' education and success, we ask that every scholar’s family pays some amount, however minimal, towards their child’s education.