PUT OUR SCHOLARS TO WORK
The Crossroads Internship Program matches scholars with working professionals and companies in the greater Pittsburgh area for a meaningful summer mentoring and internship experience. Sponsors not only provide a constructive, hands-on internship opportunity, but pave a pathway to future success for each participating scholar.
REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE
When you become a sponsor, Crossroads will work with you to tailor an appropriate internship and also match scholars to the internship based on their individual strengths, talents and career interests. This highly effective and competitive program allows scholars to:
- Learn relevant job skills, while being paid
- Understand professional interactions and communications
- Have opportunities to practice workplace behavior and attire
- Develop a broader understanding of their future careers fields
“Being an intern was great! I got to see the business world and felt confident while in this position. I feel like this experience will help me go far and become successful.”
PARTNER WITH A NONPROFIT
Are you unable to provide space or time for an internship? Does your policy not allow for interns in your office? Call us! We have local nonprofits that cannot afford to participate, but would truly benefit from this program.contact us
TAX CREDITS MAY BE AVAILABLE
The majority of our sponsors use EITC/OSTC tax credits to make their sponsorship donation, allowing them to earn a dollar-for-dollar tax credit of 90% on their contribution. If you’re not currently a participant in the EITC or OSTC programs and want to learn more, contact Landis Erwin, Director of Development, at email@example.com or call 724-456-2494.
WHY IT’S POWERFUL
- Crossroads works with each corporate sponsor individually to tailor an appropriate internship and also match scholars to internships based on their individual strengths, talents and career interests.
- Sponsors participate in complimentary mentor training and enjoy the added benefit of building relationships with Pittsburgh’s leaders of tomorrow.
- The ultimate goal of the program is for corporate sponsors to become valuable resources for their sponsored interns once they graduate college and begin a job search.