JOIN OUR TEAM
and change the lives of young people! You’ll be amazed how it can change your life too.
ALUMNI SUCCESS COORDINATOR
Crossroads’ Alumni Success Coordinator supports Crossroads scholars in their transition into and progression through post-secondary education; in addition, this newly created role facilitates long term alumni success by building networks that connect graduates to professional mentors, internships, and employment opportunities.
The Alumni Success Coordinator maintains consistent communication with Crossroads graduates during the first two years of college to assist in identifying and utilizing appropriate resources, navigating academic issues, and supporting social and emotional well-being. In addition, the incumbent oversees Crossroads’ 500th Fund distribution and any emergency funds awarded. The Alumni Success Coordinator, working in tandem with Crossroads Program and Development staff, also builds and maintains an alumni network, connecting alumni with internships, job opportunities and other alumni to maximize career pathways post-graduation. Finally, the Alumni Success Coordinator coordinates data collection and outcomes reporting related to long term alumni success.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support College Transition, Retention and Degree Completion
- Communicate regularly with alumni via phone, text, videoconference, and social media, and visit campus when appropriate, to develop proactive relationships and support college success
- Identify and meet with key individuals on campus who will advocate for and support Crossroads’ alumni and their success; help connect students to these individuals and other resources on campus (academic help centers, counseling centers, etc.)
- Oversee 500th Fund distribution; track grades and other data related to 500th Fund outcomes.
- Advise students on issues that present obstacles to degree completion including academics, financial aid, transfers and re-enrollment, or personal or social distress.
Build and Maintain Alumni Resource Network
- Publicize internship and job opportunities to alumni. Facilitate the placement of alumni in summer experiences throughout college; and advertise job openings available through organizational partners to Crossroads’ alumni network.
- Build a professional alumni network; hold regular alumni networking events and create and share resources for alumni that promote professional opportunities and career success.
- Organize opportunities for alumni to volunteer with current scholars (guest speaker, college coach, professional mentor, etc.) or to connect with recent graduates who are attending their same college/university.
- Develop career-based affinity groups among alumni; develop a network of leaders within key fields, both alumni and other professionals, who can serve as mentors to early career professionals.
Data Collection, Outcomes Reporting and Other Communications
- Maintain up-to-date records of interactions with alumni, record obstacles and academic progress. Ensure accurate contact information is maintained in database.
- Track alumni college enrollment, retention and persistence using National Student Clearinghouse data, social media, personal contact and other relevant sources.
About the Organization:
Crossroads offers students with limited financial resources access to a quality high school education and the supports they need to be college ready. In addition to financial scholarships, Crossroads provides academic assistance, social and personal support as well as college and career preparation so that its scholars are well prepared for success in college and in their careers. In addition to over 650 alumni, Crossroads currently supports 160 students, grades 9-12, who attend six different Pittsburgh area Catholic high schools. Because of our network of support, 100% of Crossroads scholars, the majority of whom are students of color who will be the first in their family to earn a bachelor’s degree, graduate from high school on time, and 96% of them go on to college the fall after their senior year. Of these, 72% have completed or are on track to complete their college degree within six years. For more information see www.crossroadsfoundation.org
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing a diverse team of professionals reflective of the community we serve. Crossroads is located in the North Point Breeze neighborhood of Pittsburgh (near Bakery Square) and has a core staff of ten employees. Although it partners with the Catholic high schools, it is an independent, faith-based organization serving young people regardless of religious affiliation.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Education, Social Work, or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Experience working with youth and young adults, preferably in an academic setting.
- Understanding of business protocols, skillsets, and emerging workforce needs as they relate to developing young professionals.
- Strong organizational and written communication skills along with the ability to advance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to Crossroads’ mission; a self-starter who will also work collaboratively in the interests of the organization.
- Ability to collect, analyze, synthesize and present data.
- Experience in college counseling addressing the unique needs of first generation, low income and minority students is a plus.
The Alumni Success Coordinator must have or obtain criminal and child abuse clearances as required by state and federal law. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is also required.
Compensation & To Apply:
The Alumni Success Coordinator is full time, exempt employee eligible for benefits including health, dental, vision, and retirement plans as well as a generous paid time off and holiday package. The salary range for this position is $42,000 – $50,000 annually dependent on education and experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.